Read about latest news in technology, web development and SEO
Your website and the open graph protocol OGP
By Dani Wilbert
Open graph protocol is used to share page content across different social media, especially Facebook.
So what is Open graph protocol? According to ogp.me, The Open Graph protocol builds on existing technologies and gives developers one thing to implement. Developer simplicity is a key goal of the Open Graph protocol which has informed many of the technical design decisions. This can be far from simplicity, if you have no idea what all this means.
So to break it all down again, this useful piece of technology connects different platforms using only one bit of code, so you don't have to put other types of meta properties to be able to share website content on different social platforms.
Open graph protocol data needs to be placed into in the
In order to meet the basic requirements you will have to establish 4 dynamic OGP properties:
og:title - the title of the object the page is about
og:type - the type of your object. For example "website" if it is a regular web page.
og:iamge - an image that relates the best to the page
og:url - the canonical URL that plays a type of an id for this page, for example og:url of this page is http://www.amrocket.com/blog/article/Your_website_and_the_open_graph_protocol_OGP/16
In order to establish appropriate OGP for you page you will have to include all 4 of the listed above properties. There are multiple properties besides the ones above that vary from video to audio and go even deeper in describing different aspects like types of video that is listed and height, width and etc. You can find more in-depth information by visiting the official Open graph protocol page at ogp.me
- July 2016
- Increasing your traffic, adding Blog to Your Website
- May 2016
- List of Business Directories to Add Your Business for Fr...
- Your website and the open graph protocol OGP
- January 2016
- 7 tips to increase website conversion rate
- December 2015
- From Stanislav's Desk: A not-so-boring breakdown of how ...
- September 2015
- SEO growth, Online marketing and Search engine use
- SEO and mobile devices
- 7 Costly mistakes Middle Tennessee businesses should avo...
- 8 Tips for Building Backlinks to Your Website
- July 2015
- Does your website comply with federal anti-discriminatio...
- June 2015
- Etsy no longer supports confederate flag
- Is Your Small Business Online?
- Instagram's website design is now focused on minimalism
- January 2014
- 7 steps to Real Estate Website Success