Read about latest news in technology, web development and SEO
From Stanislav's Desk: A not-so-boring breakdown of how to get sales from your business website
By Dani Wilbert
Small businesses open up and close back down fast. As a consumer, I don't want to engage services with a scammer or a company that will overcharge for sub-par performance. If a tooth falls out of my head right now, I don't want to find an "out of business" sign at the dental office.
When I engage with any commercial entity, I first research everything about them online. Without an online presence, a business feels sketchy. I'm not the only one who thinks this way. 60% of consumers recently polled by Merrill Research said they don't trust a business that has no web presence. That is a lot of lost sales.
The modern business owner needs to think of their website as they would their store front window. You don't want to show them cobwebs and spiders. Whatever is in that window should represent the products or services your establishment provides. If you are a jewelry store, make sure your leather couch is not the focus or visitors will wonder why a furniture store is selling saffire earrings. There is nothing more vital than establishing that first connection with page visitors by introducing products and services right there on the home page.
Now you've got a good display, what do you need to focus on? One word: Content. By using specific keywords and phrases, you will help promote the products/services on the page and throughout the internet. I won't go into all the perks of a custom website here! But having a website that is built Search Engine Optimization Friendly goes a long way. Blog posts offering good information can build your credibility and increase traffic to what you are offering. Bad blog posts will mostly be ignored. Terrible blog posts might become the butt of jokes and snowball into internet memes.
Once people see what you are offering, make sure you have a way for impulse buyers to make a purchase. Don't underestimate the draw of a big glowing button that says "buy now".
- July 2016
- Increasing your traffic, adding Blog to Your Website
- May 2016
- List of Business Directories to Add Your Business for Fr...
- Your website and the open graph protocol OGP
- January 2016
- 7 tips to increase website conversion rate
- December 2015
- From Stanislav's Desk: A not-so-boring breakdown of how ...
- September 2015
- SEO growth, Online marketing and Search engine use
- SEO and mobile devices
- 7 Costly mistakes Middle Tennessee businesses should avo...
- 8 Tips for Building Backlinks to Your Website
- July 2015
- Does your website comply with federal anti-discriminatio...
- June 2015
- Etsy no longer supports confederate flag
- Is Your Small Business Online?
- Instagram's website design is now focused on minimalism
- January 2014
- 7 steps to Real Estate Website Success