Read about latest news in technology, web development and SEO
7 tips to increase website conversion rate
By Dani Wilbert
A customer is looking to purchase a product or service. Before they head out the door, they're checking their phone to see what options are available. You had better have a website if you want to be one of those options.
The main idea behind having a website is to attract attention and present the services or products of your company. If you have a product you are trying to sell with your e-commerce website, you need direct viewers to products you are promoting.
Not selling anything? In that case, you are still seeking traffic to your web page to advertise your services or promote an event. Have people sign a form with their information, vote on a poll, sign up for your newsletter. Getting and using information from your visitors may be crucial to your business, because it allows you to market to perspective customers in the future.
Your goal is to increase the conversion rate - turn a lead into a client, or a product browser to a product buyer. Here are 7 ways you can increase that conversion rate using modern methods.
It is important to address the type and size of imagery you use on your website. It's no surprise that studies show people respond positively to larger, higher resolution images against small and blurry. Our suggestion is to stick to between 100kb to 200kb image sizes to eliminate a long wait for the image to load. As for the stock images, be careful not to overdo it, since some of stock images tend to be overdramatic and unprofessional.
Navigation should be simple and straight to the point. If you have a product to sell or a service to present, we suggest putting it on the front page as "featured". If you have a lot of services or products, make sure visitors can easily navigate between them. Use breadcrumbs (Breadcrumbs or breadcrumb trails are a graphical control element used as a navigational aid in user interfaces)
Many websites fail to create call-to-actions. Call-to-action - is a notion of what you want people to do when they land on your webpage. For example, if you are selling a product, your call to action would be a "buy now" button. One of the ways to display call-to-action buttons properly lies in creating a simple 2 to 3 color palate on your website and assigning a color to your buttons that stands out.
Some fantastic uses for video include:
- Large background videos are a great new trendy way to stand out as a website and have a unique, wowing presence online. The main concern here would be the size of the video. If it is too large, it will take longer for it to load and will look unprofessional. In that case, make sure you set an image as a loading element
- Video testimonials are an even better element to include on your website. Make sure to include a variety of people and aspects of your services or products they describe.
- Services or product demos are the best way to promote products and services. The key is to make it short and simple.
5 Meta tags
Make sure you include all the prominent meta-tags for each page. Adding prominent meta-tags will allow your visitors to share the content on their social media profiles. It is important to use og-type meta tags, since they are the most recognized by social media outlets and search engines.
6 Newsletter sign up
An ability to collect valuable viewer data is important to your future marketing activities. Storing emails for email blasts or periodical newsletter releases is a great way to make reoccurring customers. Sending targeting email blasts can also increase your business by simply including a valuable article that is relatable to your services.
7 Screen responsiveness
Let's face it, its 2016, and having a website that is not mobile friendly is borderline unprofessional. According to Google's recent release, your search engine rank may drop based on your website's mobile version performance. So let's wise up and implement all the available technology to make your services or product sell.
- July 2016
- Increasing your traffic, adding Blog to Your Website
- May 2016
- List of Business Directories to Add Your Business for Fr...
- Your website and the open graph protocol OGP
- January 2016
- 7 tips to increase website conversion rate
- December 2015
- From Stanislav's Desk: A not-so-boring breakdown of how ...
- September 2015
- SEO growth, Online marketing and Search engine use
- SEO and mobile devices
- 7 Costly mistakes Middle Tennessee businesses should avo...
- 8 Tips for Building Backlinks to Your Website
- July 2015
- Does your website comply with federal anti-discriminatio...
- June 2015
- Etsy no longer supports confederate flag
- Is Your Small Business Online?
- Instagram's website design is now focused on minimalism
- January 2014
- 7 steps to Real Estate Website Success